Wednesday 18 January 2012

the reins of my life be with Me.

Is there one person you fear the most ? I hope not. Because when you do, life isn't pretty. Four years back, a friend's sibling made me his tarot card subject. I have no belief in horoscopes, tarot and feng shui. I have faith in God but thats about it.  Every question I asked and pulled a card had a strong figure in it. Later i learnt that , that strong figure lurking around my head is none other than my father. I was told that every decision of my life is and will be highly influence by what he thinks. This piece of information, i already knew, i have lived all my life knowing this little 'secret'.  My siblings and I have had utmost respect for the man. And there is a great deal of fear of letting him down.  Now he is a great man, and I'm not going write about his success story and struggle. Every father has a story to tell. I am proud to be his daughter.  He wants the best for us and reiterates that we should achieve more than what he has so far. But to climb that 'EXPECTATIONS' wall is so much harder than i thought. Everything is presented beautifully on a golden plate. Is there any similarities among Gandhi's son Harilal, The Ambani fiasco that the just brought it together, the flak that Abhishek Bachchan got when he first entered films.. all seems to have been burdened with expectations even before their first sight of their shell.  This can either make you or break you.  I don't know where is this going.  I block my dream when i allow my fears to grow bigger than my faith.. 



1 comment:

  1. why is there an expectation in the first place? filter out only the inspirations and pave your own way. make ur own life. remember, fear is only in the mind. stop running and face it.

    ReplyDelete