Now i know of a 60 + something American couple, living for about 2 years in Mumbai. She and her husband will be boarding a cruise ship from Bombay for 74 days.. Whoa !! Isnt that just amazing ? Let me tell you why its amazing.
- Firstly, you come down with your husband who works very hard in a city that is beyond comprehension. Ways of living in Mumbai confuses us locals, one cannot imagine the turmoil that goes in the head of an expat. (i can sure blog about this)
- Its not about the money, dont get me wrong.. i know many people who do not think of a holiday beyond 3 weeks. Its not about the zest to travel. But think about how many of us can balance it all right ?
- Recently, a to-be-married couple called to discuss their honeymoon plans.. and told me.. (exact words) " trip for not more than 2 weeks.. Bore hojayega yaar" . Its your honeymoon we are talking about. Show us some LOVE people !!!
- Then there are couple who plan honeymoons with other couples.. WTF !
- I am yet to recieve queries which read "Honeymoon Trip for family. 5 adults and 2 children..Cheap & Best Char Dham yatra for family with excursion to Valley of flowers for me and my fiance only." . And that would be the day i would probably shut my shop !
- Thats that and then you take a trip with your loved one for 74 freaking days. It doesn't matter if its in a Suite room of a 19 floor luxurious ship or in a tent in the jungle.. But, the idea of a holiday with your wife of 42 years for 74 days is amazing..
- This isnt their first 70 days + holiday. She says that last time there were on a 71 day holiday and came back rather upset about not getting an extension since the trip further was sold out.
- Those who have the money , do not have the time... Those who have the time do have the right partner.. and those who have the partner and money , do not have the time. I suggest , Make a list. and tick them as you go along.
Before, she could start on how they first met, i asked her "would like to meet for coffee ?". I have a coffee meeting with her coming Tuesday. Keep you posted.
Until then, keep looking for your partner with whom you would love to travel for 74 days and ask for an extension later.. If you have found one already, hold on to them tight.