Monday 5 December 2011

leavin on a jet plane..

 Its December already ! I barely got accustomed to write 2011 everywhere and now its time to move to 2012.  Next year this time we'd be praying for the world not to end.. but the media will fry our brains enough to feel suicidal.  Well, I haven't blogged for days now. I duly apologise to you (cut the crap.. get to the point woman !)
Ever wondered , as we move on.. what do we take in from people around us ? I have a handful of my people in life. These are people who I treasure dearly and will do anything for their happiness. Circumstances change , locations change , hair colour changes, size of our waist changes but we remain the same... A dear friend of mine, my brother, my shadow (literally) left UK to settle abroad. When distance comes in between dear ones,  a part of missing them involves the analysis of how you notice that you are doing/ saying/ thinking the way that loved one did.. 
It is now that I totally understand, what Elizabeth Gilbert's couple friend meant , when they said '' its strange that when you have been for a while with someone , you start to resemble them '' Then i didn't get that one... but now TRUE STORY 
I consider myself to be borderline sane, someone who does not get attached to people or inanimate objects that easily, takes time to trust others and confides in only 1 - 2 people. (you know who you are *wink*). This is what I believe and have lived my entire life so far thinking that nothing in this world is indispensable. Change is the only constant of our lives.And that Change is good, great sometimes. If one wants something and works towards it.. then  will achieve it.. Talking about change, with the world coming closer , people are easily moving away farther.. We think about alternate jobs, shift in our careers a lot frequently and even relocate ourselves to juicy opportunities.. Spouses bear the brunt the most with divorce being a common word used in many households today. We program our fickle minds to love and leave easily. With zero tolerance levels, we often sport  "no biggie" attitude.
On Sunday night, I came home sleep deprived and tired... dreading the coming week and red ink of my pending bills . I enter my room and see the guitar. Despite several attempts , shamefully, I do not know how to play it..Thinking why i bought it ? well i didn't. The owner left it for me and moved away abroad. He did teach me two chords that make broken pieces of one of my favourite songs days before he left.. that i can play with great effort. So i walk in to the room , on a cold December night, look at the guitar.. and smile.. Must be lonely (what ??? what did i just think ... ) i bring it to the living room. and strum and hum the broken verses of the only song i can ever attempt to play.. like all other times, I didn't play it for me.. i played for the guitar.. (am i going insane).. being the next of kin, i got it.. and how could i not do justice to this beautiful thing .. And this is a trait of my guitar owning friend that i would often mock.. I 'd repeatedly poke his habit of developing emotional attachment to objects of importance.
The guitar sat there for 2 days since my friend left  :'(  nobody looked at it.. nobody touched it.. well somebody had to.. *next of kin enters*   when did i change ? emotional attachment to inanimate objects.. it wasn't me (calling out shaggy)  here i am... attempting to fulfil the purpose of the guitar by playing it.. if I have this attitude, I might BE making full use of all my inanimate objects at home.. or am I just getting all psyched with things changing arnd me? who cares.. .. a few years later, I shall proclaim, I am self taught guitarist.. who will know that the guitar taught me.. !
this made me so so happy.. Now i have one more thing to thank my guitar friend for..
I am getting back to strumming now.. Ciao Ciao..

4 comments:

  1. beatifully written my dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. missed out on d u but u get it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. DONT YOU DARE GIVE UP PLAYING....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm self taught and it worked out ok for me.. and Sai.. keep bloggin..

    ReplyDelete