Friday 9 December 2011

Baby u're all that i wAnt... (to watch)

"After watching him perform, i think i like his music"  You think ???? This is so unfair. There are a million fans of this MAN dying to watch him perform (ME ME ME ME x million times) and when my younger sister gets the privilege to watch him perform up close in Bombay , she tells me that she THINKS she likes him..  That's it, i have got to kill her , NOW..  I sounded dead on the other side of the receiver as filled me up with Bryan Adams goodness.  For days to come, I learnt that half of the people i know in Bombay went for his show. This is why i hate facebook. Sometimes it gives us a little more information than we need. All my friends were there, i don't blame them.. the man ain't growing any younger, who would want to miss the opportunity of listening to him live. I know who.. William+Kate Wedding fans. I missed it as, I was rotting in London, forcefully watching Prince William and Kate Middleton get married live (yawn). Why didn't i change the channel ? Thats because every channel aired it live.. hmph.


If there is one distinct memory of my school days, then it has to be singing "Everything I do, I do it for you" seated at the back benches with a few friends with so much passion as though we are looking into our Prince-Charming's sparkly eyes.. Those were my school days. When I got done with school , college and university, nothing ever changed. With every new phone I purchased, transferring Bryan Adams songs on to it was a ritual.  Song after song, i loved his voice even more.


Last night,*ecstatic* I scratched a big bullet point of my bucket list. I watched him perform LIVE. It was one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life. When he sang, i didn't sing along (i thought i would sing my lungs out ).. all i did is watched him , with very less blinking of the eye. For 2 hours 13 mins, I couldn't take my eyes off him.  Bryan Adams walked in to a house full at the O2 Arena at the age of 52 ! People around me were from all age groups. There were students, professionals, mums... everyone. How can one man appeal to so many age groups ? When u look around you see a 50 something man singing along with a 20 year old with the same enthusiasm.. They didn't know each other but now they are happily singing arm in arm.  That's what music should do, bring people together.


An Italian couple we met, had been to more than 20 Bryan Adam concerts till date. The lady happily said, she had attended 4 this year. 4 of BRYAN ADAMS concerts ?? (to confirm my hearing is right ) I looked at her jaw dropped. They flew down from Italy to watch him perform and this is the usual for them.  Where do you work , honey ?any vacancies ? You can see the her forehead in the pic LOL.
What can i say, Some people make full use of their EU status ! Bless her. I'd do the same in her place. She said that she has always returned happy after each concert. Mr Adams does not disappoint his audience.. They leave the venue singing in chorus "I am comin BACK to You". And i can vouch for that.




You will find no dancers, no fancy props, no glitz-glamour, no fake boobs/ eyelashes, no corsets, no dress changes, no pole dancers.. just soulful, money's worth  MUSIC.. :-)  A band of 5 can create MAGIC. 


I hate this chubby man's hand on my pic. He ruined it. Couldn't he make out with his petite girlfriend/ wife a bit more ? tsk tsk






I got goosebumps when he sang 'Heaven', my favourite song for years now. I was star-struck stared at him  fighting tears bottling up in the corner of my eyes. His voice is mesmerising. I could see my life flash in front of my eyes. I was taken back in time. It was surreal. I stared at him as though it was my last time at his concert. I don't know if i would be fortunate enough to attend another of his stellar performances. This was my only chance. I thought to myself, what if he doesn't tour again ? Or what if Prince Harry gets married to Pippa ?


At the end, his band members left the stage and Bryan sang three of his classics all by himself with the help of his acoustic guitar and occasionally played the harmonica.. all at once.. He asked the audience to flash their phones in air, the auditorium. It looked as though we stood under a blanket of stars !
Perfect ending to a magical night..
I had always wished to watch him perform live. And somehow it all fell into place. It gave me so much happiness, i cannot even start to tell you ! *wink*  I bought these expensive tickets 4 months in advance hesitantly. After last night, i felt it was worth every dime.. 


So, if you have anything you wish for... then just do it and MAKE IT HAPPEN (E.Pittinger,2010)


BRYAN ADAMS  I  LOVE YOU !!!

3 comments:

  1. from the summer of 69 to the winter of 2011... as u said... he is a super star

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brozedex cough syrup bhi de aati bhai saab ko.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad that you 'made it happen!'

    ReplyDelete