Saturday 12 November 2011

The sentimental case of the broken Button


Well.. Weather is getting pretty shitty here.. Its getting dark at 4 pm..  I hate to admit that weather plays a significant role when living in this country. If you think why do people rant about weather day in and day out.. i used to think that too but somewhere down the line i have become one of them.. ! Before leaving the house, i do not check the weather on BBC.. but i do make judgements on my own by looking out of the window.. Its pretty simple.. They only thing to estimate is "how grey is the sky going to be all day.. grey-er than yesterday ? "  You can do it too.. And then wear layers on top of layers to combat the cold endured waiting endlessly for at bus at the open air bus stops. In London you know fashion if you can adorn layers upon layers of clothing without resembling a stuffed turkey.. !   If you find balance between two sweaters and scarfs and manage looking pretty damn sexy then voila.... you can start a clothing range yourself to beat (the mother of many children and yet skinny) Mrs Beckham..

Moving on, One grey evening whilst walking home from work I was freezing. It was pretty damn cold for a day in end of October. One thing you must know is, a button of my jacket has fallen out. And this 24 year old does not know how to pass a thread through a needle, let alone the productive stuff.  I had asked a dear friend of mine to stitch it for me but for some or the other reason it never just worked. Day 1 , when i met her.. she didn't have the button stitching tools.. so on DAy 2 i got it for here and left it on her cabinet and totally forgot about it that day.. DAy 3 , when i was hell bent on getting that button fixed, we couldn't find the stitching tools on that same cabinet.. DARN !!! This is jinxed.. SOme highly effective forces of nature want me to walk home cold each day.. Now thinking of it, my heating at home doesn't work too... The snow gods are sure miffed..

As i walked home that evening.. and winds were strong.. i was freezing.. I was thought to myself.. What a shame, i never learnt how to fix a broken button.. How hard it could be ? Apparently, very !  And as i walk my way home.. i thought of who would generally stitch for me.. or fix things in my life ? My MOMMY... haaa i miss her so much. I started to think about her.. and found a big smile on my face. I started to think of all those little little things she does for not only me but also the whole wide world around her.. Mums make you believe in loving someone unconditionally..   Had i been button-less in the cold.. i know MOMMY would have fixed it that very instant.. don't know how she does it ? And this is just an instance i am blogging about.. But i think about her countless of times in moments like these.. when i know her presence would have made all the difference..  And before i knew it, i was home.. She may not be around to fix my jinxed jacket but just by thinking about her i could feel her loving warmth and she fixed me...  It was magic..  I love you MOmmy.. !!!                         P.S : If she reads this post, she is going to send me flight ticket to get back home NOW.. !  Its going to be a brief SOS call.. I would be asked to board the flight with my buttonless jacket immediately .. No questions asked..



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mILsx_c-vXw&ob=av3e




No comments:

Post a Comment